Returns & Warranty
Returns & Warranty Claims Made Easy
Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make from International Door Company (IDC). We are very proud of the quality and craftsmanship of the products we sell, and we strive to make the process easy and fulfilling for you.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please follow the guidelines below, and we'll gladly work with you to resolve any problems or return your purchase.
If, at any time, you have a question about what's required, please email or call and one of our customer service team members will be happy to assist you.
You may cancel your order at any point before delivery of your item(s); if your product has already shipped from our facility, your refund will be the purchase price for your order minus a 20% restocking charge & any shipping charges incurred by International Door Company while intercepting your item(s).
RETURNS - Customer Choice:
Please follow these steps if you've decided that you no longer want the product you've purchased.
If the product has not been modified in any way (e.g. painted, stained, trimmed, sanded, machined or installed), it can be returned within 30-days of receipt. We cannot accept returns of modified or installed products.
To initiate your return, please download and complete a return authorization form.
- Include the completed return authorization form and a copy of your purchase receipt with the item(s) to be returned.
- You will need to repackage the order using the original packaging materials, ensuring that the product is suitable for shipping.
- Ship the returned item(s) back to International Door Company.
You may use the shipping carrier that is most convenient for you. You are responsible for shipping charges to return the item(s). When returned orders have been safely received, an exchange or refund will be processed within 10-business days, minus a 20% restocking charge. Incomplete product returns may receive a pro-rated refund.
Declined Delivery – If you decide to return the item(s) due to Customer Choice, and you decline the delivery of your item(s), International Door Company will be charged by the carrier for the return shipment to our facility. Your refund will be the amount you paid for the item(s) minus a 20% restocking charge and the cost charged by the carrier to return the item(s).
RETURNS - Shipping Damage:
Please inspect your products carefully upon delivery, and follow the steps below if you identify damage caused during the shipping process. Time is of the essence in reporting problems, so please check your purchase carefully and report problems immediately.
For shipping damage noted on delivery, please identify these issues with the delivery person, and ensure they document the finding(s). Take photos and notes and keep a copy of these for yourself.
- Keep all packaging materials – these will be needed for the claims process!
- Call us for assistance with the carrier claim within 2-days of receipt, and to obtain a return authorization ID and return shipping documents. Issues reported beyond 2-days may not get honored.
- Download and complete a return authorization form. Using this information, International Door Company will file a Damaged Goods Claim with the shipper.
- The shipper will contact you within 24 hours to set an appointment to inspect the damage.
- Once the inspection is complete, an exchange or refund will be processed within 10-business days.
We honor the warranty of our manufacturers, and make life easier for you by managing all the details of the process.
- To initiate your warranty claim, please download and submit a completed warranty claim form by email to: Contactus@InternationalDoorCompany.com
- A warranty claim team member will get back to you by email or telephone within 15-business days.
Warranty claims can be handled with repair or replacement of parts/components; or, a refund or exchange of the product, at IDC's sole discretion. IDC is not responsible for the installation or finishing of replacement parts, or for the cost of uninstalling/re-installing a replacement product. Each manufacturer's warranty defines the terms of coverage.
The Frameport warranty can be found here.
When returned orders have been safely received, a refund will be credited to the original method of purchase.